PE Log # 2 July 17th-21st

July 17th
Today was the first day of Camp Oasis.  It's an activity based camp with lots of sporting activities throughout a two week period.  We went to the outdoor pool in Courtenay today.  It was really busy.



July 18th
At Camp Oasis we went tubbing and swimming on Comox Lake.  I have muscles I forgot I had.  It was a lot of fun to navigate the tube over the boat wake.



July 19th
We went mini golfing and bumper boating in Parksville.  We worked in teams to be accurate and to score the highest amount. My friends and I spoke in different accents to make this experience more enjoyable.  After we went on the bumper boats.  While it was not a physical activity, I worked on my hand-eye coordination and navigation skills.  I walked away soaking wet; but not as wet as some of my leaders.



July 20th
Today we went to the Campbell River rock climbing facilities.  It was a lot of fun and I improved my speed up and down compared to last year.  It's still really scary to climb so high but my friends and the leaders cheered me on.



July 21st
At camp I learned about team building, outsmarting and out maneuvering the opponent while participating in laser tag.  I found that the longer we played the better I was able to plan strategy with my team mates. I also had to do a lot of quick bursts of running (HIIT) between obstacles like trees and rocks.  It was raining and wet but we had a lot of fun.








Comments

Popular Posts