PE Log #4 August 1-22th PE Log #5 August 22-Sept 30

Log #4

Between August 1-17 I rode my bike 9 times (Aug 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17) to and from work.  It took 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to get back.  Mum didn't get photos of me, but if you need proof you can talk to my employer at My Tech Guys.  4.5 hours of riding in total.

On August 7th we hiked into Paradise Meadows for 40 minutes to Battleship Lake and went fishing and swimming for an hour and a half and then hiked back another 40 minutes.  One thing I don't like about lakes is all the weeds that grab at your feet when you are trying to swim.  I was exhausted that night and slept really well.









On August 8th we hiked along the power lines and through the woods until we came to a secret swimming oasis called Brown's River.  The adventure in the woods had us climbing over and under fall trees and up and down small narrow pathways until we got to a place where the only way to get to the river was down a step embankment holding a rope.  The way down was slippery and the way up made me lose my breath. We spent 1 hour and 20 minutes hiking/swimming/climbing.










 August 11, I walked the dog around part of the subdvision today.

Today, August 21st, we stayed at my uncle's house because my sister is still recovering from having her wisdom teeth removed.  I played some horseshoes with my dad and uncle.  There isn't a photo of me playing though.  Horseshoes are heavier than you would imagine and are hard to throw to a target.  I noticed I was much better at throwing them towards the end of the game than in the beginning.  I had no idea how you had to change your weight distribution to throw more accurately.  It was fun but it isn't something I will go out of my way to play.


On August 22, my family and I along with my uncle and his family went down to Windermere Lake.  I practiced doing laps and racing my uncle's dog to fetch the dog toy before she did.  I used to be in the swimming club in Nanaimo called Nanaimo Riptides.  It helped me to become better at doing laps. We swam for about an hour.



LOG #5 

On August 23 we had lots of adventures.  We spent 2.5 hours walking around the Fort Steele town, climbing up and down stairs of the lookouts as well as using the old fashioned swings too.  My favourite, even though not a workout, was taking the steam train around the village.




On August 25th we hiked part way up Swansea mountain.  We had to drive the first part and then parked in a parking lot where we headed for the summit.  The trail was twisty and the elevation made it difficult to catch my breath.  It took us about 25 minutes to hike straight up and the terrain was challenging. It took a little less going down.  We were there for about an hour.





On August 24th (sorry dates are mixed up), we went to Radium Hotsprings and I swam in the cold and warm spring fed pools.  We only stayed an hour.  It was a very busy place.




Sept 5-8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18-22, 25, 28 I walked/ran or biked to school.  Most days it takes me about 10 minutes to walk/run or maybe 5 minutes to ride my bike.  Each day I challenge myself to do it faster and faster.  Traffic, weather and other students can greatly affect my timing.

August 30, Sept 1 and Sept 4th My dad asked me to walk the dog.  I usually walk a circular subdvision route on quick walking days.  Sometimes I walk the dog to the airport but usually only when it is early in the morning and I can't sleep.  My dog can also misbehave on walks so sometimes I have to cut those walks shorter.  All of these walks were at a steady pace for 20 minutes.




Comments

Popular Posts