PE Log #6 Sept-Dec 2017


 September 21 Dry Land Training (45 minutes)

Dry land training for skiing has started.  My behaviour interventionist (BI) Jeremy has been in my life for the last 2 years and has helped me in so many ways.  He is very active but had a long boarding accident over the summer and is also just getting into shape for the snowboarding season.  Jeremy often participates in the Adaptive Snow Sports Program that I belong to and has always encouraged me to get into shape before the ski season starts.  He decided that over the next month we are going to do the Goose Spit stairs and the walking loop for 40-60 minutes.






Sept 28
Terry Fox Run.  (45 minutes)
I ran 2.5 km with members of my school. 
(No school photo of me running)

Dry Land Training  (45 minutes)
After school I went and complete my dry land training with my BI.  We went back to Goose Spit and completed stairs and the loop around.



Sept 30 Dog Walking (40 minutes)

I took my dog for a walk after school.  I have been trying to do this more so I can keep up my fitness. 

Month review: I road my bike to and from school 3 times this month.  I walked to school at total of 13 days and back 17 days.

Oct19th Weight Room (25 minutes)
I attended the local community gym with my behaviour interventionist Jeremy.  He always pushes me.  I worked out for about 25 minutes.
  • Road stationary bike for 10 minutes with a 130 heart rate.
  • Worked through the 2 min sprint 5 times on the row machine.
  • Completed dead lift using Olympic bar set at 60lbs twice for 5 reps.
  • Completed 20 reps of ball squats on the bosu ball.
Oct 27 School Weight Room  (30 minutes)
Today I went to the school weight room and was able to do the following:
  • 100lb leg press
  • Chest press at 40lbs
  • Alternating bicep curls using 15lbs
  • Tricep extensions 15lbs

Oct 31 Hiked Dogs (60 minutes) 

I took my dog for a hike in the woods for 60 minutes until it started to get dark. (no photo)

Nov 3 Weight Room (20 minutes)
Today I attended the school weight room. Here are a few of the things I was able to do:
  • Chest press at 40lbs
  • Lifted 15lb weights doing bicep curls
  • Tricep extensions  15lbs
Month review: I walk and ran back from school 5 days a week for a total of 19 days in October.

Nov 30th Weight room (30 minutes)
I spent another Thursday doing the weight room.  Jeremy was able to take some photos this week so I could show you some of the types of squats and lunges I do. 



December 5th PT Testing (2 hours)
We have regular Cadet Physical Fitness training.  Today I completed the beep testing which is composed of five evaluations. They are designed to evaluate cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, and flexibility.  These tests include:
  • 20 meter shuttle run test (cardiovascular)
  • push-ups (muscular strength)
  • curl-ups (core strength)
  • back saver sit and reach (flexibility)
  • shoulder stretch (flexibility)
 My numbers are usually pretty low.  I always try my best.  With my recent weight training I am improving but still have a long way to go to reach my age levels





Comments

Popular Posts