PE Log #7 Nov-Jan


PE Log #7

Nov 30th Weight room (30 minutes)
I spent another Thursday doing the weight room.  Jeremy was able to take some photos this week so I could show you some of the types of squats and lunges I do. 




November Review (4 hours)
I walked to school 10 times this month and walked home 14.  My mum has been driving us on snowy and icy days so we don't have to walk along the roadside. 



December 5th PT Testing (2 hours)
We have regular Cadet Physical Fitness training.  Today I completed the beep testing which is composed of five evaluations. They are designed to evaluate cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, and flexibility.  These tests include:
  • 20-meter shuttle run test (cardiovascular)
  • push-ups (muscular strength)
  • curl-ups (core strength)
  • back saver sit and reach (flexibility)
  • shoulder stretch (flexibility)
 My numbers are usually pretty low.  I always try my best.  With my recent weight training, I am improving but still have a long way to go to reach my age levels





Dec 21 Weight room (40 minutes)

My BI Jeremy shared my progress with my mum.  I am able to lift and bench press higher amounts.  I have a stronger core and my flexibility has improved.  I can do more in a shorter period of time with greater accuracy and confidence.  This is our last session together until the new year.  I didn't bring my iPad to take photos so my mum took this photo of Jeremy and me.




January 28 Ski Day (4 hours)

Today I went downhill skiing with a friend Alex.  He was a new skier and conditions were poor so we didn't even make it the full day.  I taught him how to stop and how to turn.  This is the first time I have been skiing this year.  I got new ski gear for Christmas including a new helmet and goggles as well as ski pants and boots.  I have grown a lot and I am much taller than I was last year. I lost my ski jacket last year so I just wore a bunch of layers which made it awkward to move around.











Comments

Popular Posts