PE Log #3 July 22-31st


July 22
I went for a quick 30 walk with my parents today.


July 24
Today I went to Goose Spit with my camp group for a 2 hour kayak session.  Because most of the kids have never kayaked before or had few lessons before, everyone was paired up with an adult.  I actually asked if I could do the rear steering (the adults usually do this) because I knew I could navigate the kayak.  It's a lot hard to have two people in the kayak because you have to coordinate your movements and plan your directions more.  I had a great team mate and we had fun going far.  Mum said my instructors praised my efforts today because I helped get people set up and teach them how to use the kayak peddles and paddle. I also played bocce ball with my friends.




July 25
Today we went on a walking Scavenger Hunt around 5th street where we had to find a series of things on a check list for an hour.  This was not my favourite activity because it required team work in a large group of people and most people weren't sharing their ideas. *No photo taken*



July 26
We went to Parksville today for a beach day for 1.5 hours.  I mostly spent time swimming but also at the playground where I helped the younger kids with the zipline and where we played games like tag. I also got to fly a kite.  That takes special arm movement and technique.  It was hard to fly it.




July 27
We went to a Game Farm and also went to the Escape Room callyed Crypt-Tic.  In the Escape room we had to find the quickest route out of the maze as a team as quickly as possible. Locked in a room together, we had to search the space for clues and solve puzzles to escape a series of rooms within 60 minutes. It took us a while but we actually made it through as a team.  *No photo taken*
By the way, the escape room was created by a high school student: http://www.comoxvalleyecho.com/news/415155944.html

July 28
I rode my bike to and from the store doing errands for 30 minutes. *No photo taken*

July 29
I went to a tech conference this weekend with my mum and we walked the floor from 11-5pm.  I got to try some new activities including Sumo Wrestling, Bungee Run and Jousting.

SUMO





 JOUSTING





July 31
I went to the bank today and rode my bike there and back.  I was gone for 30 minutes



Comments

Popular Posts